Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Responsible Slut: A New Tuesday Theme

I am so vocal about my sex-positivity, my hatred of slut-shaming, and my happiness as a polyamorous, bi, sex worker, that sometimes people get the wrong idea. Often, people assume that just because I am happy to have lots of sex (and some pretty damn casual sex at that), that I think that everyone should be just as "slutty" as me.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't care if you want to bang your way through the entire US armed forces, or if you truly want to wait for that "one" and then wait until you are married to have regularly scheduled missionary bonks for the sole purpose of reproduction.

I care about two things.
1. That you extend me the same courtesy of not giving a fuck what I do with my genitals, or anyone elses.
2. That however you fuck, you do so both generously, and responsibly.

Which means that you try to fuck with the greatest possible respect for the other person (or people) in your life, as well as for yourself.

That you are kind to yourself, and patient with yourself, and others.

That you do your utmost to stay healthy and safe, and to keep others around you healthy and safe, too.

That you suck it up and do the hard things. And not just the fun kinds of sucking it and doing the hard things.

It means a lot more than that, too. So For a new Tuesday theme, I bring you "The Responsible Slut". Read, consider, comment...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment